Hi there, I’m Christina Frangione (she/her), a Registered Dietitian, Certified Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, and Registered Yoga Teacher practicing in Centerport, New York as well as virtually. Welcome to my website.
I have a lived experience of eating disorder recovery and learning intuitive eating, which is invaluable in the work I do now and cannot be learned in school. When I tell my clients I understand what they’re going through, I really, really do get it to a greater extent than someone who has always had a healthy relationship with food.
After doing a very traditional, weight-centric dietetic program, I felt discouraged with the profession, but found a renewed passion for the field when I discovered Health at Every Size (HAES®) and Intuitive Eating and knew I needed to be a part of this. I knew I would have the opportunity to promote healing and prevent future harm.
In my private practice I bring with me experience from all areas of nutrition care including caring for the very physically ill in hospitals and nursing homes, teaching nutrition fundamentals to college students, and counseling patients in residential eating disorder treatment.
I am currently accepting new clients for nutrition counseling out of my office in Centerport, New York. Check out this page to learn more about nutrition counseling services. I am also available for collaborations with other health care providers including podcast interviews, symposiums, or speaking engagements. Send me an e-mail to learn more.
Christina’s Qualifications and Memberships
- Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified Dietitian Nutritionist in New York
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher though Yoga Alliance
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from Long Island University Post
- Master of Science in Nutrition from Stony Brook University
- 1200 hour dietetic internship from Stony Brook University
- International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians