Hi there! I’m Christina Frangione (she/her/hers), a Registered Dietitian, Certified Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, and Registered Yoga Teacher practicing in Centerport, New York as well as virtually.
All those titles and certifications basically just mean I’ve done a whole bunch of training in order to best support the folks I work with in feeling strengthened, healthy, and embodied.
I came to this work after my own experience with recovering from an eating disorder. I believe in full recovery from an eating disorder given the proper support and resources, and I also recognize all of the barriers that might prevent someone from achieving full recovery. I’m truly honored to travel alongside my clients to reach that place of living a full and meaningful life without eating disorder or disordered eating behaviors or thoughts controlling them.
In my private practice I bring with me experience from all areas of nutrition care including caring for the very physically ill in hospitals and nursing homes, teaching nutrition fundamentals to college students, and counseling patients in residential eating disorder treatment. I practice from a Health at Every Size (R), fat positive, and Intuitive Eating lens with all of my clients, regardless of their diagnosis or background.
My practice is based in Centerport, New York (although please note I am working virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic until further notice). Check out this page to learn more about nutrition counseling services.
Christina’s Qualifications and Memberships
- Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified Dietitian Nutritionist in New York
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher though Yoga Alliance
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from Long Island University Post
- Master of Science in Nutrition from Stony Brook University
- 1200 hour dietetic internship from Stony Brook University
- International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians