Are you ready to work together to meet your nutrition and health goals? Please call your insurance carrier before beginning treatment with Christina. You are responsible for knowing your insurance benefits as having insurance is not a guarantee of coverage.
Christina Frangione, MS, RD, CDN, RYT is currently in network with Aetna and Cigna. Please note physician referrals are required for all Aetna patients as of 2021. She is out of network with all other health insurance plans which means your insurance company may still reimburse you for nutrition visits. See image below for how to use out of network benefits.
You have the right to a Good Faith Estimate of the costs you may incur. This will be provided to you prior to an evaluation.
Nutrition Referral Form – Referral for Nutrition Counseling for Aetna Plans
Checking Your Insurance Benefits:
Call the member services number on the back of your card and ask:
Does your plan cover outpatient nutrition counseling (CPT codes 97802 and 97803)?
– Is there a limit on the number of allowed visits per year?
– Does your plan only cover visits that are “medically necessary” or do you have nutrition counseling covered under the preventative portion of your plan?
– Are there any limitations on which conditions are covered? (Ask if your specific medical condition or reason for seeing a dietitian is covered)
- Is Christina Frangione in network with your specific plan? (NPI number: 1023516762) If I am not in-network, ask if you would be able to see me using out of network benefits and ask what steps you would need to take to file for reimbursement for out of network benefits.
Are telehealth sessions covered?
- Does your plan require a physician referral or order for nutrition services? If your plan requires a referral or for all patients with Aetna insurance, please have your physician fax the referral to 631-812-5292 prior to your scheduled appointment.
Do you have a deductible to meet before nutrition counseling benefits can be used?
Do you have a co-pay or co-insurance for nutrition counseling? If yes, how much is it? (A registered dietitian is considered a specialist)
Record the representative’s name you spoke with and the reference number for the call (this information will be be necessary if you ever need to dispute a rejected claim).
You will be responsible for any visits which your insurance carrier denies payment.