Hi there! I’m Christina Frangione (she/her/hers), an Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, and Registered Yoga Teacher based out of Huntington, New York and working with clients in the tri-state area including Long Island, New York City, New York State, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
Why Eating Disorders?
I came to this work after my own experience with recovering from an eating disorder. Although I believe in full recovery from an eating disorder given the proper support and resources, I also recognize all of the barriers that might prevent someone from achieving full recovery. I’m truly honored to travel alongside my clients to reach that place of living a full and meaningful life without eating disorder or disordered eating behaviors or thoughts controlling them.
How Was the Practice Started?
My private practice began in 2018 and I bring with me experience from all areas of nutrition care including caring for the physically ill in hospitals and nursing homes, teaching nutrition fundamentals to college students, and counseling patients in residential eating disorder treatment. I practice from a Health at Every Size (R), fat positive, and Intuitive Eating lens with a whole lot of nuance around the specifics of each persons’ lived experience.
More about Christina!
Outside of work you’ll find me taking walks while bopping along to podcasts, drinking boba tea, doing internet “deep dives”, getting absorbed in new TV shows, stand up paddle boarding, and doing yoga. Probably not all at the same time!
Christina’s Qualifications and Memberships
- Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified Dietitian Nutritionist in New York
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher though Yoga Alliance
- Member of The Association for Size Diversity and Health (ASDAH)
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from Long Island University Post
- Master of Science in Nutrition from Stony Brook University
- 1200 hour dietetic internship from Stony Brook University
- Member of International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians (IFEDD)
- Member of Diversify Dietetics