Okay, maybe the title is a slight exaggeration. The easiest waffles are the ones you get from a restaurant. No preparation or clean-up involved! Second easiest is a frozen waffle. These are the third easiest waffles, but I’m not going to change the title!
I make a variation on this recipe any time I’m craving a waffle or pancakes. The batter is so simple to make and requires either a Nutribullet or other blending device to make the flour from oats, or just a bowl and a fork to mix your batter if you’re using a pre-made flour. On to the recipe:
- 1 cup oats ground into a flour (Certified gluten free if necessary)
- 2 eggs (flax or chia if making it vegan: 1 Tablespoon ground flax with 3 Tablespoons water per egg, let soak for about 10 minutes and viola you have “egg”)
- 1 ripe banana or 1/4 cup applesauce or 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- a dash of vanilla extract
- a sprinkle of cinnamon and any other spice you’d like
Pour into your waffle iron and have deliciousness approximately 5 minutes later! Or drop onto the griddle and make some pancakes!
8 thoughts on “The Easiest Waffles Ever!”
This looks delicious!!! 😄 wow
They were 🙂 Thanks!
Easy or not, these look so delicious!
They definitely are! Thanks ! 🙂
Wherever there are waffles and donuts, there is heaven for me
haha right there with you! 🙂
These look amazing!
thanks! they are and so easy!