I just had a birthday and was saying how I’m not such a fan of cake. I got myself some vegan ice cream sandwiches from Sweet Annabelle’s. However, I ended up making some cupcakes, by request. I found this recipe and followed it pretty closely.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar (I did slightly less)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (I always do just a pinch)
- ⅔ cup non-dairy milk (I chose Almond/Coconut milk because that’s what was open)
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
I cooked the cakes for 15 minutes and they came out perfectly done. I made 10 instead of the full 12 by just adding more to each cup. I really didn’t need 12 cupcakes!
I skipped the frosting the recipe called for because the person who requested these cakes wanted it to be like a short cake.
A very easy vanilla cupcake recipe and has very basic ingredients you’re likely to have in the pantry now. So whip up some cupcakes for whatever event you’re celebrating 🙂
Categories: My Cooking Adventures