Join Chef Lauren Bialkowski and Intuitive Eating Dietitian Christina Frangione for a 6 week virtual cooking series to gain confidence in the kitchen.
During this series, you can expect to:
– Learn 6 new recipes and feel confident in making them again and again with variations according to your tastes, preferences, and ingredient availability
– Learn how to bring awareness to hunger, fullness, and mealtime satisfaction
– Have a diet-free experience with cooking and eating
– Surround yourself with like-minded individuals and do something different with your evening
This group is appropriate for:
– folks 18+ who have access to a kitchen with a stove and oven
– folks who are looking to expand their cooking knowledge and skills (beginners to advanced are welcome)
– folks who are wanting to learn how to eat mindfully and in accordance with their body’s signals
This group is not appropriate for:
– folks in an active eating disorder who are not approved by their treatment team
– folks who are actively dieting
Classes will be held via virtual platform Mondays from 6-7:30pm EST.
Class dates: Feb 8, 15, 22, March 1, 8, 15
Investment of $32/class, payment for course due in full prior to the start of the series, does not include the cost of food. Grocery list and complete recipes with instruction will be provided.
2/6 update: Registration for this round of class is now closed, however, please add your name below to be notified of future class offerings!
Meet your facilitators!
Lauren Bialkowski (she/her)
From a young age, Chef Lauren Bialkowski has always had a passion for both cooking and baking. After pursuing her undergraduate degree at CUNY Baruch College for marketing, she decided to further explore her love of the culinary arts and attended the Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) in New York City. After completing the program at ICE, Lauren worked as a Line Cook at Untitled located in the Whitney Museum. Though working at a restaurant helped hone her culinary skills and techniques, her favorite meals are cooked at home for friends and family to enjoy together. Chef Lauren is inspired by the flavors of the Mediterranean but also loves to experiment with flavors from around the world. Her favorite dessert? A classic chocolate chip cookie!
Christina Frangione (she/her)
Christina is a Registered Dietitian, Certified Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, and Registered Yoga Teacher in private practice helping folks recover their relationship with food and their bodies. Christina enjoys seeking out new restaurants with vegetarian and vegan options and has many meals catalogued on Yelp throughout her travels.