How are you doing in this time of uncertainty during the Corona Virus (Covid-19) Pandemic? If you’re having a hard time with food and body image or with your eating disorder recovery, you are most definitely not alone.
Some common worries around food/body image that have been popping up with the people I’ve been speaking with in the past couple of weeks:
– I’m stuck at home and feel so socially isolated from my support systems.
– I can’t find my favorite foods at the grocery store or even if I could it’s too crazy to go there right now so I will just eat less or eat foods I don’t like and maybe end up binging later.
– I’m so stressed/bored/lonely and I’m eating way more/less than I usually do.
– Everyone is talking about the “Quarantine 15”. Am I going to gain weight?
– I feel like I need to be constantly working out since everyone is releasing free/low cost exercise videos. I feel guilty if I don’t feel motivated to work out.
– I have no idea what to feed myself or my family during this quarantine. I can’t afford takeout every night.
– I lost my source of income and am having trouble affording food and necessities.
– I’m really struggling with following my meal plan because I feel like it doesn’t even matter right now.
– I want to emerge from this quarantine with a different body so I’m dieting extra hard, but it keeps backfiring.
– I’m drinking alcohol way more than I normally do or I’m worried about my sobriety with all of this stress.
– I heard being in a larger body is a risk factor for getting sick or I’m worried if I do get sick I will get subpar healthcare due to my size.
Can you relate to any of this? What else is coming up for you as we navigate this pandemic during recovery from an eating disorder or disordered eating/diet culture?
Like the rest of the world right now, my nutrition services have gone totally online. I am still seeing clients 1:1 via video conferencing or telephone. I am offering additional recovery coaching services during this time at reduced rates. Extended virtual services include shorter check-ins, meal prep support, meal support, grocery store support, and extended email/text support. These services are available to current clients and new clients (after initial assessment). Please contact me about pricing or to make an appointment.
Stay well and stay in touch!