Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate! This holiday can definitely be challenging for those recovering from an eating disorder or chronic dieting since it is so centered around food, so here is your reminder that Thanksgiving is one 24 hour day and one meal and it will not make or break your recovery. Some people do stretch the holiday into a long weekend, especially if they’re traveling, but then it is only one weekend. You can get through it! If the holiday is difficult, shake it off after it’s done and do the next right thing.
I’ve collected some of my blog posts below which can help you out this holiday and the ones to come in the next month!
Take a breath. Focus on what you’re grateful for this year and find more of that in your life!
This holiday season also check out:
– How to Manage A Holiday Gathering With Food Allergies/Intolerances
-How to Protect your Eating Disorder Recovery During the Holidays
– Intuitive Eating Holiday Tips
– How to Reduce Grocery Shopping Anxiety
– Self Care Tips
– How to Set Boundaries as a Non-Dieter in Diet Culture
– Preventing a Binge
– Moving on After a Binge
– Moving on After a Lapse in Recovery
– What is Success if Not Weight Loss
– How to Eat in Moderation (in a Non-Diety Way)
Seeking additional support with your eating disorder or disordered eating recovery? In search of an experienced eating disorder registered dietitian nutritionist in the Centerport, New York area or virtually? Send Christina an email to learn more about 1:1 nutrition therapy sessions!